Why buy from us? – English Tealeaves loose leaf teas are the best of the best from over 15 suppliers around the world plus our own blends. If you have not tried a similar tea before and want to be adventurous, we suggest you buy a trial sample first.
In business since 2002, English Tealeaves has grown to offering 125 choices but still gives outstanding customer service with a personal touch. We make it easy for you to contact us by email or phone with questions on tea or shipments.
We offer a full range of tea types: Black, green, white, oolong, organic, flavored, decaffeinated teas and caffeine free herbal and fruit infusions (tisanes)
EVERY ORDER RECEIVES A FREE TRIAL SIZE BAG - FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OVER $50
Enter your free $4.50 sample choice in the checkout order comments box
We have a variety of organic teas from India, China, Japan and other countries. They are certified by different organizations, mainly USDA.
Wikipedia's definition and description of organic products:
Organic certification is a certification process for producers of organic and other organic agriculture products. In general, any business directly involved in food production can be certified, including seed suppliers, farmers, food processors, retailers and restaurants.
Requirements vary from country to country, and generally involve a set of production standards for growing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping that include:
- avoidance of synthetic chemical inputs (e.g. fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, food additives, irradiation, and the use of sewage sludge.
- avoidance of genetically modified seed;
- use of farmland that has been free from prohibited chemical inputs for a number of years (often, three or more);
- for livestock, adhering to specific requirements for feed, housing, and breeding;
- keeping detailed written production and sales records (audit trail);
- maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products;
- undergoing periodic on-site inspections.